The desire to travel live deep within you? Why not pass on this passion to your little adventurer with a travel-inspired baby name? We happen to have 50 great adventure baby names to pick from.
Check out our favourite wanderlust baby names to keep the adventuring spirit growing with the newest member of your family.
Our top ten wanderlust baby names
Names with a travelling vibe
- Isla – means ‘island’
- Rhodes – a play on ‘roads’ and one of the Greek Islands
- Rome – both a city and a play on the word ‘roam’
- Terra – means ‘the planet earth’
- Christopher – the patron saint of travel
- Mercury – the Roman god of travel
- Marlow – means driftwood, a lovely symbol for travel
- Everest – after the mountain, of course
- West – East is also cute
- Beatrix – means ‘voyager’ or ‘traveller’
- Vett – Short for Vettel, which means ‘winter traveller.’ Or you could opt for Somerled, meaning ‘summer traveller’.
- Farrah – means ‘travel’
- Ferdinand – means ‘journey’
- Saira – means ‘traveller’
- Doran – means ‘wanderer’
- Faron – means ‘wanderer’
- Noah – means ‘wandering’
- Scott – means ‘wanderer’
- Alissa/ Elissa – means ‘wanderer’
- Faer – means ‘traveller, a messenger of good news’
- Jal – means ‘traveller’ or ‘wanderer’
- Kymani – means ‘adventurous traveller’
- Alma – means ‘independent spirit’
- Cain – means ‘wandering spirit’
Names of famous adventurers
- Valentina – named after Valentina Tereshkova, the first woman to travel into space
- Merida – named after the heroine in ‘Brave’
- Alice – the curious heroine in Alice’s Adventurers in Wonderland
- Amelia – named after Amelia Earhart, the first woman to fly across the Atlantic Ocean
- Sawyer – The adventurer in Mark Twain’s books. Huck also works
- Emin – named after Emin Pasha, a German explorer
- Freya – named after Freya Stark, an Anglo
-Italian explorer and travel writer
- Mae – named after Mae Jemison, the first African-American to travel to space
- Osa – named after Osa Johnson, an adventurer, photographer, and writer
- Nellie – named after journalist Nellie Bly, who took a trip around the world
- Fraser – named after Simon Fraser, a Canadian explorer
- Hudson – named after Henry Hudson, an English explorer
Geographical baby names
There are so many geographical baby names (Sydney, Adelaide, Paris, London, Dallas, Austin, Madison, Charlotte, to name a few). But we’ve narrowed it down to our top ten.
Check out True Blue Baby Names for Your Little Aussie Bub for additional options.
If you like adventure baby names, you may also be inspired by our list of 100+ boho baby names, perfect for little wild spirits.