If it’s a homemade edible gift, a sweet late-night treat or something fancy (but fuss-free) to offer guests that you want, these Baileys Irish Cream balls are the bomb-diggity!
Just blitz, mix and roll is the name of this recipe game. There’s no baking, no soaking, no fuss! You DO have to wait a couple of hours for them to set, but after that, you’re good to munch.
Do note that this recipe does contain alcohol, so they’re strictly for adults only. And please don’t eat a handful of them and then drive – just to be on the safe side of the breathalyser!
Ready to roll? Let’s go!
Baileys Irish Cream Balls recipe
Makes around 50 balls
- 250g packet of Milk Arrowroot biscuits
- 395g condensed milk
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 6 tablespoons Baileys Irish Cream
- Extra coconut for rolling (plain or toasted)
1. Into a food processor or a Thermomix, blitz the Milk Arrowroot biscuits until they’re a fine crumb texture. If you don’t have a machine, put them into a zip-lock bag and hit it with a rolling pin until they’re crushed.
2. Add the Milk Arrowroot biscuit crumbs to a mixing bowl and add the cocoa, coconut, condensed milk and the Baileys Irish Cream.
3. Mix together until completely combined and then roll tablespoon size balls. Warning: It’ll be sticky!
4. Roll the balls in coconut to coat the ball. For added crunch, roll in toasted coconut too!
5. Place them in a tray and let them set in the fridge for two hours.
6. Once set, keep them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. You can freeze them too and pace your consumption. Enjoy!