A berry good time was had by all at this sweet berry themed birthday party for one-year-old Ava. We bet she was tickled pink!
First birthdays are just as much for family and friends as they are the sweet cherub celebrating their milestone birthday. And boy, this mum knows how to throw a gorgeous soiree!
Ava’s mum, Chantal, posted her beautiful party pics to Facebook group Party Mums with the caption:
Sharing what turned out to be a very fun and easy 1st birthday theme for our “Berry Sweet” baby girl.
Guests feasted high tea style, with beautiful gold painted tiered cake stands stacked high with an amazing spread of finger food on gold coloured stands and platters.
Macaroons, iced buns, pots of lemon and strawberry desserts and the most adorable strawberry shaped cookies you ever did see – just to name a few. Chantal outsourced to Treats 2 Eat for the most magnificent mini desserts.
Lots of “berry” desserts and “berry” flavoured drinks, fruit cups that consisted of watermelon, blueberries, cherries & strawberries. Savoury- savoury pies, mini cucumbers and cherry tomatoes. Weather was perfect so desserts weren’t sitting out melting and the pies were vegetarian and didn’t require heating.
Chantal ordered a few dozen amazing mini Lebanese pies from A1 Bakery, teaming them with mini cucumbers and cherry tomatoes in large boxes she sourced from eBay. This made for super easy transporting, not to mention no juggling excessive platters and plates.
The birthday cake, made by Sweet Treats, was a sweet strawberry pink and raspberry pink feast for the eyes (and bellies)!
Topped with raspberry pink macaroons, a smattering of piped icing, fresh berries and a single gold number one candle, this birthday cake was so sweet, and oh so berry pretty.
The party, held in a rotunda at Melbourne’s Heidelberg gardens, required only a smattering of party decorations. Chantal hired Mystical Faces to take care of the epic balloon display. A beautiful balloon arch on a gold frame – in pink, naturally – and a large number 1 shape covered in balloons allowed the table and rotunda to shine.
Chantal’s party tips
I quizzed Chantal for some of her best party tips and tricks to help us all out, so take note of these pearls of party wisdom!
- Choose a theme that allows for creativity whether it be an indoor or outdoor party or if you’re outsourcing catering or doing it all yourself.
- Location is important! Select a location that works with your theme. The public garden where Ava’s party was held didn’t have a playground, but Chantal created gift bags with a catch ball set, berry flavoured treats and bubble wands which kept them entertained.
- Create a checklist for the day and work backwards.
- Pack the car the night before. (Genius – no rushing, no forgetting!)
- Select a time that works within your child’s play and sleep routine.
- Source from local suppliers and small businesses!
- Keep it simple.
We hope you had an amazing first birthday party Ava. We can’t wait to see what Chantal pulls out of the party hat next year!