Christmas Day breakfast just got real special with this Christmas tree cinnamon scroll recipe. What could be more festive than the smell of yummy cinnamon wafting through the house on Christmas morning? The whole family will love this sweet brekkie idea!
We all love a special breakfast to kick off Christmas day and what could be more brilliant than a Christmas tree on a plate?!
A cinnamon scroll recipe made in a cinch!
Forget fluffing about with measuring flours and all that jazz, White Wings make baking cinnamon scrolls easier than ever with their handy dandy Cinnamon Scroll Mix. It has everything you need to make soft, fresh cinnamon scrolls – it also includes everything you need to create a delicious glaze – you just need to add egg, butter and a splash of milk.
Here’s the hot tip: on Christmas eve before you go to bed, set your ingredients and bowls up for making this cinnamon scroll recipe first thing in the morning (or after the kids open their pressies). This recipe won’t take long to put together and bake, but that just saves you a bit of organising hassle on the day.
Apron on? Let’s get ready to bake!
[mc_block_title custom_title=”Christmas Tree Cinnamon Scroll Recipe”]
Prep time: 35 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 packet White Wings Cinnamon Scroll Mix
- 1 egg
- 120g unsalted butter, melted
- 100ml lukewarm milk
- 20ml cold milk
- Egg wash: 2 eggs yolks mixed with 1 tbs milk, to brush
- Green and red M&Ms, to decorate!
- Prepare and prove dough as directed on the White Wings Cinnamon Scroll Mix packet. Make the cinnamon butter as directed and set it aside to use later.
- Roll the dough out between two sheets of baking paper to make a 35xm x 25cm rectangle. Spread the dough with cinnamon butter using an offset spatula, leaving a 1cm border from the edge. Brush the dough border with the egg wash mix.
- Starting with the longest side, roll the dough tightly into a log to enclose the filling. Trim the ends to form a 33cm long log. Using a serrated knife, cut the log into 11 even pieces, about 3cm each.
- Brush the sides of the scrolls with egg wash, then using the image as a guide, arrange the scrolls on a lined baking tray in the shape of a Christmas tree. Reserve the remaining egg wash to use later.
- Cover the Christmas tree-shaped cinnamon scrolls with a damp tea towel/ cling loosely and set the tray aside in a warm place for 45 minutes or until they’ve doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 200°C Convention / 180°C, fan-forced. Brush the scrolls all over with the remaining egg wash and bake for 15-20 minutes or until they’re a golden colour. Carefully transfer your baked Christmas tree cinnamon scrolls to a serving platter.
- When the scrolls are no longer piping hot (no one wants melting M&Ms after all), prepare the cinnamon scroll glaze as directed on the packet. Carefully drizzle the glaze over scrolls and scatter with the red and green M&Ms to look like Christmas lights. Serve your tasty Christmas tree cinnamon scrolls while still warm. Enjoy!
This is an original recipe from White Wings. Love it? Share this choc chunk brownie recipe with your friends so EVERYONE can enjoy it!
What do you think? Do you cook a special Christmas Day breakfast? We’d love to hear what you make (croissants? bacon and eggs? Bowls of soggy half-eaten cereal?) and of course, if you’ll be serving up this Christmas tree cinnamon scroll recipe! YUM!