We all want to spend more time with the company of family and friends on Christmas Day and less time in the kitchen preparing food, right? RIGHT! Here’s how to create a delicious show-stopper wreath shaped dessert in less than 15 minutes, using this clever cheat!
I love a fancy dessert, don’t we all? What I don’t like is slaving away in the kitchen to create such masterpieces. Good news folks, when armed with Woolworths Gold Lemon Myrtle Meringues ($6 for a pack of four) – you’re only a few steps away from creating this cracker of a sweet dish!
Woolworths has taken care of the baking, so you’re already ahead of the dessert game. Not your average meringue, Gold Lemon Myrtle Meringues are the bee’s knees of meringues. Infused with Native Australian Lemon Myrtle, these crunchy bases have a wonderful delicate citrus flavour, perfect for pairing with summer fruit. Yum!
An edible wreath made easy… Want to know how? Watch the video below to see the Christmas dessert magic unfold or scroll on down for the instructions.
View this post on Instagram
How to Make the Easiest Christmas Wreath Dessert Ever
What you need
- Gold Lemon Myrtle Meringues (1 meringue per person)
- 600ml Woolworths Thickened Cream
- 1 tin Woolworths Passionfruit Pulp
- 3 tablespoons of Woolworths Pistachios
- Your favourite fresh fruit to top – we’ve used strawberries, raspberries, mango
- Edible flower petals (we’ve used bush basil flowers, but you could use violet, rose or daisy)
- A round board or platter big enough for your wreath shape
What to do
- Using a stand mixer, whip the cream into reasonably stiff peaks. Set aside.
- Prepare your fruit and nuts! Leave a few strawberries whole for interest but halve the rest. You can remove the leaves if you like. Slice mango cheeks into thin slices and lightly crush the pistachios.
- Create a wreath circle with the meringues on your serving dish.
TIP: If your plate or board doesn’t have a lip edge to keep them from sliding about, you can ‘glue’ each meringue down with a teaspoon of whipped cream.
- Top each meringue with a generous amount of whipped cream, spreading it out to cover joins. Use the back of a spoon to create waves and dips – you don’t want an even surface!
- Using a spoon, carefully spoon the passionfruit pulp over the cream so it pools in the cream dips.
- Scatter the crushed pistachios over the top of the wreath.
- Now it’s time to build your fruit! Start an even spread of strawberries and raspberries. Follow by putting the slippery mango slices into place, then go back and fill in any gaps with extra fruit and pistachios.
- Finally, scatter flower petals over the wreath and your plate for a fancy-pants finish.
All that’s left to do is present your dessert to the table, sit back and glow in the glory of knowing you NAILED dessert!
Ho, Ho, Ho! We love that Woolworths make it so EASY and so very DELICIOUS to deliver amazing dishes to our families at Christmas. Head to Woolworths today to discover their brilliant Christmas range – there’s something for everyone!