Are you racing to the shops for some last-minute Halloween decorating supplies and require ghoulish inspiration FAST? Take a look at these spooktacular Halloween front yards and porches, they’re so very frightfully awesome!
Australia is slowly but surely adopting Halloween traditions but for the most part, we’re not quite up to the epic level of Halloween hype as our overseas friends. YET.
If you ARE going witches boots all in this year, here are 10 homes that are sure to frighten the pants off of passersby. Which is what you want right? TRICK OR TREAT!
10 Halloween Homes Spooking the Street!
1. The dead Bunnings trees live on. Hooray!
2. Pumpkins. So. Many. Pumpkins.
3. Bring on the Halloween inflatables!
4. Baby head sprouting pumpkins
5. A zombie meets front yard cemetery fusion
6. Let’s keep things stylishly monochrome as much as possible
7. Scaling skeletons and scary as heck clowns
8. A Halloween treat chute for the win!
9. A scattering of mini bats and pots of autumnal colour
10. Cubby house caught in the web!
Tips for Halloween decorating:
- You don’t ALWAYS need the real deal. Pumpkins can be hideously expensive – try painting your own on to cardboard and propping them up for the same effect.
- Trace your child’s handprint onto orange and brown paper and cut them out to make sweet autumn looking leaves.
- A few packets of a fake spiderweb (look at Woolworths or Big W) goes a LONG way, spread this across your outdoor furniture for a quick ghastly effect!
- Use pots of orange flowers to theme your front door and add cardboard bats or spiders on sticks as garden stakes. Cute and thrifty!
What to Read Next
- How to Have a Spook-tacular and COVID-Safe Halloween This Year!
- Make these Spookily Cute Bat Cupcakes for Halloween
- Trick or Treat! 7 Simple Ways to Treat Your Kids to a Spooky Halloween