Are you fluent in Facebook and awesome on Insta? If so, we have a fantastic opportunity for a talented, creative, and energetic social media manager to join the team at one of Australia’s Premier parenting and lifestyle publishers.
Our new social media manager will be responsible for creating content and moderating our social media channels – Facebook (including Facebook groups) and Instagram. Pinterest and Tik Tok a bonus!
The lucky all-rounder will enjoy great autonomy, opportunity, and dream work-from-home hours, perfect for work-life balance.
Sound like something you’d be interested in. Allow us to walk you through a typical day in the virtual Mum Central office and what you’d be doing with your time.
As Mum Central’s social media manager, you will:
- Be a key member of a small dynamic team
- Work from home around school hours
- Work closely with both the sales and editorial teams
- Plan and schedule content across all our channels. We post multiple times a day on Facebook and Instagram
- Compose content (images, stories, memes) for all social media channels
- Liaise with sales on all commercial content
- Be responsible for reporting on trends and insights across all channels
- Take part in weekly Zoom meetings with the team
What are we looking for in our social media star?
Sure, you love social media, but your love for it goes above the Insta-stories and viral videos. You love the trends, the algorithms, discovering what makes people talk, click, and tick through the various social media channels.
Our superstar social media manager will be committed to truly understanding the Mum Central woman and what will (and won’t resonate!) with her.
We’re seeking someone who knows what mums want. A bit of cheek, a touch of sass, a dash of reality served on an engaging platter. If you follow Mum Central, then you will know what we mean.
- An excellent communicator
- Commercially-driven focus
- Exceptional word wizardry skills
- Attention to detail
- A slight obsession with numbers – and growing our channels!
What do we offer?
This role is a true unicorn for a mum seeking to work in a strategic role while balancing family life. All while working for a rapidly growing and independently owned publisher.
Working from your home office during school hours (20 hours per week over 5 days Monday to Friday), this is a dream permanent part-time role for someone as passionate about their family as their career.
What do you need to become our social media manager?
- 3+ years working in a similar role
- A superior understanding of all social media platforms
- Be able to demonstrate a passion and alignment with Mum Central’s vision, purpose and core values through your application
- The confidence and ability to take the lead on social media
- A positive outlook, the ability to work in a team and under pressure on deadline
- Strong communication and people skills, able to lead and understand how to get the most out of others through support, guidance & leadership
- Be confident, self-motivated and proactive in organising your day to meet key deadlines
- Leap on opportunities and making things happen whether they’re scheduled or unexpected.
Sound like you?
Great! Because we would LOVE to hear from you! Let’s start the conversation.
Please apply with a cover letter including:
- Your social media managerial experience
- One of your favourite memes doing the rounds (or a great idea for one)
- A copy of your latest CV
- OPTIONAL: A quick 2-minute video introducing yourself and telling us why you think you’d be a perfect fit for our team
Due to the expected number of applications, we will only be reaching out to those who will be shortlisted.
Strictest confidentiality will be assured.