Weet-Bix is a household name in Australia. For more than 80 years we, quite literally, have grown up on the stuff. It’s a name that conjures up images of beaches, lifesafers and tri-athletes so no one was surprised when they announced their latest ambassador is Em Rusciano, least of all Em herself.
“…there’s been a pack [of Weet-Bix] in the pantry my whole life… even now I whip it out for emergency dinners. Just add warm milk, BOOM hot meal! And of course in the past Weet-Bix have worked with elite athletes so it’s only a natural progression that they’d want to work with me”
And let’s face it – who wouldn’t want to work with Em Rusciano? The chick is hilarious and says every thought we’ve ever thought as mothers, wives, friends, daughters and women in such a way that we are reassured that we are not alone. She gives a voice to Aussie mums with her, sometimes brutal and almost always funny, honest accounts of life in general.
So, of course we JUMPED at the opportunity to interview her about her partnership with Weet-Bix and the awesome competition she’s heading up for us parents in the trenches.
As you would expect with three working mothers, flying by the seat of our pants is quite the norm and this interview was no different! It’s not quite studio quality but it IS guaranteed to make you laugh so sit back and enjoy Em at her finest
Mum Central’s Belinda & Tania took Em through a “Fast Ten with Em” and we’re sure you’re gonna LOVE her answers! As you would expect with three working mothers, flying by the seat of our pants is quite the norm and this interview was no different! It’s not quite studio quality but it IS guaranteed to make you laugh so sit back and enjoy Em at her finest [Note: her answer to number 5 is hilarious!]
Just click the link to listen… and maybe not have the little ones in earshot. It is Em Rusciano after all.
MUM CENTRAL’S “FAST TEN WITH EM”
- Do you prefer your Weet-Bix crunchy or soggy?
- Sugar or honey fruit or hardcore pure?
- How many do you reckon John Farnham eats?
- Who is your favourite parenting icon today?
- What’s the grossest thing your kids ever ate?
- If you could have breakfast with anyone in the world [alive or dead] who would it be?
- If you had to choose between a kid that eats well or a kid that sleeps well – which would you choose? [because we all know that you can’t have both – in the same child]
- Would you prefer to toilet train a child or share their sippy cup at lunch time?
- On a scale of 1 to 3 how much do you love having to cook dinner for the family every night. 1 being ‘I hate it’ and 3 being ‘Only because I have to’
- Sing the classic Weet-Bix jingle.
The Weet-Bix Messy Kids Photo competition runs October 29 – November 30.
To enter, upload a photo of your favourite messy kids moment (and it doesn’t need to be with just Weet-Bix, it could be spaghetti, ice cream, dog food, mud – you name it!
Weet-Bix Senior Brand Manager Alex Garas says “With most Aussies raised on Weet-Bix we thought it would be fun to celebrate genuine, funny parenting moments and looking forward to working with Em in our search!”
Don’t forget to share your pic with your friends and family and encourage them to vote for your messy offspring. The top ten photographs with the highest votes will then be submitted to the judging panel of Weet-Bix team members and Em herself! The winner will receive a $4,000 Smarter Money account from Yellow Brick Road to invest in their child’s future, and a $100 Weet-Bix Hamper, with 2 x runner ups also each winning $500 cash and a Weet-Bix hamper