The perfect sweet afternoon pick me up or lunch box treat, this lemon coconut slice is lip-smackingly good and a winner for lovers of all things lemon!
I love a recipe that I can find all the ingredients I need right there in my pantry and doesn’t require anything particularly fancy. AND when it’s this delicious, it’s pretty much a given it will be on repeat for afternoon tea and lunch boxes. I give you, lemon coconut slice for the sweet treat win.
AND IT’S NO-BAKE! Woop! Woop!
Lemon Coconut Slice Recipe
- ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 125g butter
- 250g Arnott’s Marie biscuits, crushed finely
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
For the icing
- 1 ¾ cups icing sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 20g butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons desiccated coconut
1. Stirring over a gentle heat, melt the butter and condensed milk in a small saucepan until the butter has melted and the mixture is combined. Place the crushed biscuits, coconut and lemon rind in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add the melted butter and condensed milk mixture to the mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
3. Grease and line a slice tray. Spoon the biscuit crumb mix into the tray and press it down firm (like you would a cheesecake base). Put in the refrigerator for one hour.
4. Once the base is set, prepare the icing by combining the icing sugar, lemon juice and melted butter, stirring until smooth.
5. Spread the icing over the top of the slice base and top with a sprinkling of coconut. Return the slice to the fridge for the icing to set.
6. Cut the lemon coconut slice into squares or finger slices. All that’s left to do is pop the kettle on and have a cuppa!
TIP: This slice also freezes really well. Wrap up portions for lunch boxes and freeze. When popped in the lunch box in the morning it would have defrosted in time for recess or lunch!
What say you, are you a lemon lover? This slice recipe would also work well with oranges if you want to shake things up!