A dessert of soft and fluffy individual no-bake cheesecake cups, laced with vanilla and digestive-boosting Yakult and topped with fresh raspberries and chocolate? You can feel a whole lot less guilty about having dessert thanks to this healthy twist!
No-bake cheesecake cups, yes please!
These no-bake cheesecake cups are a beautiful twist on traditional cheesecake with a sneaky infusion of digestive-boosting Yakult. This cheesecake recipe doesn’t contain gelatine, so they don’t set rock-solid or rubbery, they remain light and fluffy, much like a very moreish mousse texture. SUBLIME!
Yakult for all!
If you’re not familiar, Yakult is a tasty Probiotic fermented milk drink containing a very high concentration of the unique bacterium Lactobacillus casei Shirota strain (LcS). In a nutshell, this strain is scientifically proven to survive the journey through the gastric juices to reach the small intestine alive, and each of the 65ml bottles contains 6.5 billion of these highly acid-resistant bacteria. Amazing, right? Best of all, you’ll find Yakult readily available at the supermarket.
Suitable for the whole family, young and old, incorporating Yakult into your daily diet is a wise move! Not only will it help you to support your digestive system, but it’ll also help to restore the good flora in your gut, especially after antibiotics. Winning!
Ready to whip up some no-bake cheesecake cups? Watch how we make them below or scroll down for the recipe for you to try today!
Yakult no-bake cheesecake cups recipe
- 50g butter, melted
- 100g biscuit crumbs
- ¾ cup thickened cream
- 3 Yakult bottles
- 250g block cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ⅓ cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Raspberries and chocolate Flake to garnish
1. Mix the biscuit crumbs with the melted butter until well combined.
2. Divide the crumb mixture between four glasses.
3. Using a spoon or other utensil, press the crumbs into the bottom of the glass to make the base.
4. Pop them into the fridge to set!
5. Using a stand mixer, whip the cream to soft peaks, transfer to another bowl and set aside.
6. Beat the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla extract and Yakult together until smooth and creamy.
7. Fold together the whipped cream and cream cheese mixture.
8. Transfer the mixture to a piping bag or zip lock bag and divide it between the glasses, filling them up.
9. Return them to the fridge to set!
10. Before serving, top with raspberries and flaked chocolate. YUM!
What do you think? Will you be giving these Yakult no-bake cheesecake cups a go at home? They’re AMAZING!.
I know you’re all busting to ask if the cheesecake tastes of Yakult and I can assure you that no it doesn’t, it tastes of nothing but creamy cheesecake – just as you’d expect!
Don’t forget, you can find Yakult Original and Yakult LIGHT in the refrigerated section of the supermarket, pop a pack in your trolley today!
If you’re feeling inspired about incorporating more Yakult into your daily diet, check out the Yakult website for even MORE delicious recipes. You’ll be amazed by how you can use it! Hit the button below to see for yourself.