Here’s one for all the peanut butter lovers out there! Peanut butter and chocolate granola bars – a gourmet style snack bar packed with all the yummy, healthy things!
You won’t be tempted to nibble on the kids’ muesli bars when you whip up a batch of these spectacular morsels. Chewy and sweet they’re just the thing to tuck into your handbag when on the go.
I’ve used roasted almonds, but by all means, if you’re nuts about another nut – be a rebel and use them instead! Macadamias or pecans thrown in the mix would be super delicious additions.
No Bake Peanut Butter and Chocolate Granola Bars Recipe
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ traditional rolled oats
- ½cup roasted almonds, chopped
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
For the top of the slice
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted almonds, extra
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- In a medium-sized saucepan, melt together the peanut butter, coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and cinnamon, stirring over low heat. Remove from the heat and stir in the almond meal, chia seeds, oats, coconut, and almonds.
- Line a small loaf tin (20cm x 10cm) with baking paper and press the mixture firmly into the tin. Top with the extra roasted almonds, pressing them in slightly with the palm of your hand.
- In a small bowl, melt together the coconut oil and chocolate chips in the microwave. Heat on high for 30 seconds and stir. Drizzle over the top. Let the tin set in the fridge overnight.
- Remove from the tin and slice into bars or squares. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for one week.