Is it even Wednesday if I’m not cooking pasta for dinner? I like MANY others, don’t have the time (or let’s be honest, the desire) to slave over a rich, lovingly, carefully cooked pasta sauce. But because I DO love a delicious sauce, I give you this one pot pasta recipe. Yep, you cook it all together!
In what’s no doubt a travesty to traditional Italian cooking, this is my take on “fancy spaghetti”. Because not so fancy is a jar of sauce from the supermarket. But anyway, I digress. It’s a one pot pasta wonder! Take a pot and all of your ingredients and cook them TOGETHER. No separating, no social distancing, nada.
TWO important notes:
- You can use whatever you like for your pasta sauce. Any veggies in your fridge are great! Capsicum, mushrooms, celery, whatever you find in there!
- Use a pot wide enough for your pasta to lie in. If it doesn’t fit, just break it in half. I use a shallow casserole pot and it’s pretty awesome.
RECIPE: Delicious one pot pasta for the family
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 400g tin diced tomatoes
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 large red onion
- 1 red capsicum
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 200g chorizo
- 1 cup fresh green basil leaves (plus extra)
- 350g dried spaghetti
- olive oil
1. Dice the capsicum, and onion. Cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters.
2. Slice the chorizo into coins.
3. Place the spaghetti along with all the vegetables and chorizo into the casserole pan. Season with pepper.
4. Add 2 cups of chicken stock. Add 2 cups of water. Add a tablespoon of olive oil to stop the spaghetti from sticking.
5. Bring the pan to the boil. Stirring every now and then, gently boil for 15 – 20 minutes until pasta is cooked.
6. Remove from the heat and add reserved fresh basil before serving. Yum!