Overnight oats are so last year! Overnight Weet-Bix is where the tastebuds are at in 2022! Hold on to your Weet-Bix box mums, this is one of Australia’s favourite breakfast cereals taken to a whole new, all delicious level. I mean, who would’ve thought you could create a healthy tiramisu snack from Weet-Bix? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.
Overnight Weet-Bix is one of the tastiest food trends taking TikTok by storm right now, and I have to say, everything looks damn delicious. It’s nothing like a traditional morning bowl of Weet-Bix.
What is this lip-smacking good sorcery?
Besides making breakfast both delicious and exciting, the best thing of all, is all of these ideas are MUCH healthier than the original concepts. They’re low on added sugar, use yoghurt instead of cream and one even has fruit in it … making it practically a five-star health food. RIGHT?
Three Weet-Bix trends going viral … and all YUM!
1. Tiramisu Overnight Weet-Bix™ Recipe
Miranda of clean_treats TikTok account shared with the world her Weet-Bix tiramisu and it took OFF. Once you lay eyes on it, it’s easy to see why too. She took breakfast foods and recreated them into something AMAZING. Frankly, I’m going to be fighting the kids for the box because I am KEEN to try this one for myself. See the recipe below or jump on down for Miranda’s TikTok video!
- 2 Weet-Bix™, crushed
- 100-125ml boiling water or almond milk
- 1 tbs sweetener (maple syrup or stevia)
- 1 tsp instant coffee or a shot of espresso
- 130g vanilla yoghurt
- 30g light cream cheese
- 15g vanilla protein powder
- Up to 1 tbs sweetener (maple syrup or stevia), optional
- 1-2 tsp sugar-free drinking chocolate or cacao
- In a bowl, mix together the base ingredients and smooth the top over with your spoon.
- In a small bowl, mix together cream ingredients until it’s smooth. Spread the cream over the Weet-Bix™ base.
- Dust the top with the sugar-free drinking chocolate and then place it in the fridge to set overnight. Then enjoy!
@clean_treats Tiramisu Overnight Weetbix #overnightweetbix #weetabix #healthybreakfastideas #caloriedeficit #highprotein ♬ original sound – Miranda
2. Overnight Weet-Bix Strawberry Cheesecake
TikTok account emstoast blew us out of the water with this strawberry cheesecake version of overnight Weet-Bix. It has all the things we love about cheesecake – that creamy centre, topped with a sweet berry topping – EXCEPT IT’S MADE WITH WEET-BIX. Check it out for yourself!
- 2 Weet-Bix™, crushed
- ⅓ cup of milk
- 160g of vanilla yoghurt
- 10g vanilla protein powder (optional)
- ½ cup of strawberries
- In your serving container, mix together the crushed Weet-Bix™ and the milk. Smooth it over to create your cheesecake dessert base.
- In a small bowl, mix together the yoghurt and vanilla protein powder until smooth. Spoon over the top of the Weet-Bix™ base.
- In a small blender, blend the strawberries with a splash of water to a thick puree consistency. Spread over the top of the cheesecake layer.
- Place it in the fridge for at least three hours and then enjoy!
@emstoast I had a go at making the overnight Weet-Bix and I approve 👍 #weetbix #overnightweetbix #overnightweetabix #cheesecake #lowcalorie #breakfastideas ♬ More Than Friends – Aidan Bissett
3. Overnight Weet-Bix™ Slice Recipe
Even Weet-Bix™ THEMSELVES have jumped on the trend and created their very own overnight Weet-Bix™ chocolate slice tasting recipe for their TikTok account weetbixau. HOLY BATMAN, you know this one will be good! Weet-Bix™ didn’t give their exact recipe quantities but you can gauge how much you need from the recipes above.
- 2 Weet-Bix, crushed
- Sprinkle of desiccated coconut
- Almond milk
- Low-fat yoghurt
- Honey to sweeten
- Light cream cheese
- Melted dark choc to drizzle on top
- In a container, mix together the Weet-Bix™, coconut and almond milk. Smooth it over to create a flat surface.
- In a small bowl, combine the yoghurt, honey and light cream cheese until smooth. Spoon over the base.
- Melt some dark chocolate in the microwave in 20-second bursts on HIGH, stirring in between bursts until smooth. Use a spoon to drizzle the chocolate over the topping layer. Pop in the fridge overnight to set. Dig in with a spoon and enjoy!
Don’t forget, for even more fun breakfast ideas, we made some pretty awesome recipes using Weet-Bix too, check out our post of Three Quick and Delicious Ways to Serve Up Weet-Bix Little Kids Essentials!
What a way to kick off 2022 and deepen our love for Weet-Bix! Tell us, will you be giving these delicious overnight Weet-Bix trend ideas a try? Let us know what you think of it in the comments!
For a twice-weekly dose of the very best of Mum Central, subscribe to our newsletter here.