A shortcut for homemade fruit mince pies is as easy as whipping out your pie maker. Your family will think you’ve been slaving away in the kitchen for hours but your delicious secret is safe with us!
Fresh baked in under 15 minutes!
Fruit mince pies are a REAL treat at this time of the year but making them can be a bit of a chore. Not anymore with a handy dandy pie maker. Don’t have a pie maker? Check out the Kmart Pie Maker for just $29.
Served warm, there’s nothing quite like jammy, rich fruit mince to say MERRY CHRISTMAS. Except maybe eggnog. And perhaps pudding. Nonetheless, fruit mice pies are definitely up there!
Pie Maker Fruit Mince Pies Recipe
- 4 sheets defrosted shortcrust pastry (we used Woolies brand, just $2.30 a pack!)
- 410g jar fruit mince
- Icing sugar to dust
- Cream to serve
What to do
1. Cut base and lid rounds from the defrosted shortcrust pastry sheets.
2. Gently place the pastry base rounds into the pie maker cavity, being careful not to tear it with your finger. Spoon a heaped tablespoon of fruit mince into each cavity to fill each pie.
3. Top each pie shell with a top. (You can add a pastry shape to the top to make it even more festive. Simply cut shapes with a cookie cutter from the pastry.)
4. Close the lid. Turn the pie maker on and cook for 10 to 15 minutes until the pastry is golden. Turn the pie maker off.
5. Transfer the fruit mince pies to a cooling rack to cool off a little while you cook the remaining pies. Trim the edges with a serrated knife or kitchen scissors and dust with icing sugar.
6. Serve these pie maker fruit mince pies warm for dessert with a dollop of cream if feeling particularly extra! Delicious!