Forget Hot Girl Summer. All I want this year is a Fly-Free Summer. To sit outside on my patio, watch my kids play and not have to swat away one single stupid fly. Too much to ask?
Not any more thanks to this British mums’ super clever fly hack! Sharing on a Facebook group in the UK, the mum explains how she’s managed to banish flies for good without a single chemical.
Instead, she uses a Ziploc bag, a handful of coins, and water.
Plastic bag fly hack: here’s how to do it
- Fill a Ziploc bag with water.
- Add a handful of coins to the bag.
- Tie the bag above your patio door – or anywhere you see flies. Many people are using removable hooks to hold the bag in place or attaching it to a window or door handle.
- Enjoy a fly-free life from now on.
It’s believed that the water and coins create a prism that reflects colours and “projects the image of water”. Seeings how flies aren’t massive fans of water, they stay away!
What’s especially amazing about this fly hack is that it’s completely free. FREE of chemicals and free of cost. Plus, it won’t leave your backyard stinking of yeast or collect a bunch of dead flies, unlike some of the more traditional fly traps.
What sorcery is this?
People have hailed the fly hack as ingenious and many have vouched that it does, in fact, work. The flies don’t end up dying on your window sill or all over your patio.
They simply stay far far away. Give it a go and see if it works for you. A fly-free summer. Can. You. Imagine?
More life hacks
The internet is full of clever life hacks – cleaning hacks, sleep hacks, organisation hacks, parenting hacks. ALL the hacks!
This mum’s cleaning hack is one of our faves. Instead of cleaning her shower, she simply scrubs it down at the end of each shower using a dish scrubber that comes with a handle filled with dishwashing liquid and vinegar. It stays forever fresh and clean. Clever chicken!
Another woman discovered the secret to helping her fall asleep at night was a mug of steaming hot lettuce. Yup. She would steep tea with some lettuce for 10 minutes, then take the lettuce out and sip on the lettuce water. Ten minutes later….zzzz.
Check out a few more of our most popular life hacks over the years:
- Mum Shares Clever Daycare Hack to Keep Her Baby’s Socks On
- 12 Clever Cleaning Tips, Tricks and School Uniform Laundry Hacks
- 13 Clever WD-40 Hacks That’ll Have You Reaching for a Can!
- Decluttering Tips: 9 Clever Kitchen Hacks to Get Organised Quickly
- Recycled Trampoline Ideas: 10 Trampoline Hacks to Flip For
- The Busy Mums Mega List of A-Z of Cleaning Hacks, Tips and Tricks
- Hack: How to Store Lettuce to Keep it Fresh for a Whole Month!