So let me start by confessing that I did not come up with this idea myself! I saw these simple mini frittatas come up in my newsfeed ages ago and thought ‘I can do that’.
And so I did.
Behold, the easiest little morsels of deliciousness perfect for morning tea or popping in to your kids’ lunch boxes.
What you need
- ANYTHING you like chopped up – I used tuna, corn, cooked chicken, ham, cherry tomatoes, salami [because that’s all I had]
- Grated cheese
- 6 x eggs with about ¼ cup milk
- salt and pepper
What you do
- Preheat oven at 180 C
- Grease a twelve hole muffin tin
- Beat eggs and milk together
- Season to taste
- Add fillings of your choice along with cheese (if you choose) into each muffin hole, pour beaten egg mixture on it.
- Place muffin pan on the centre rack of a preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until frittatas are light brown, puffy, and the eggs are set.
- Let frittatas cool for a few minutes before removing from the muffin pan. Loosen gently with knife if they seem to be sticking. Serve straight away or let cool completely and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
Suitable to reheat in the microwave
Suggestions: fresh herbs, baby spinach, spring onion, capsicum, fetta cheese, olives, mushrooms…