If you’re up for a giggle (and who isn’t?!), take a look at these funny as heck images from this year’s Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards finalists. It’s the coolest wildlife photography you’ll see this year – with images that are surprisingly relatable!
A photography competition loved by all, there are 42 images that made finalist. Now the tough job is to cut them back to the ultimate winner …. who will take home the crown in the 2021 Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards. And boy, there are some belly laughs to be had, all in the name of raising awareness for environmental conservation and celebrating these wonderful critters.
This year’s finalists from all around the world include birds having a bad day, majestic mammals and a whole lot of awkwardness. You can see the whole gallery of the Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards finalist photos here, it’s a great one to show the kids!
10 fabulously funny and cheeky wildlife shots
1. My kid’s expression when he’s about to launch into the telling the longest story EVER
Five minutes and 36 distractions in… Make. It. Stop.
2. When you just want to enjoy the great outdoors but the universe says no
Even a pigeon can’t get a break!
3. Playing hide and seek with a toddler…
I mean, you’re so good at hiding, you’re practically INVISIBLE.
4. When you wake up in a #mood
Everything is FINE.
5. When someone asks how homeschooling and lockdown parenting is going
You have to be kidding right?
6. This guy is WISHING he stepped on Lego instead of this. Ouch!
Could it be worse? Probably not.
7. Getting those TikTok moves just right
At this point, TikTok is what gets me through most weeks. I’m there for the laughs. And dancing videos. But mostly the laughs.
8. When your comfort eating results in new curves
I only wear activewear now. True story.
9. Kids waiting at the door for you to come home from the supermarket be like…
There’s peace to be found on solo supermarket trips, but this is what waits for you at home. Awww.
10. Is this a gummy baby smile or wishful thinking?
Is she smiling her first smile or is it just wind?
Last year’s Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards winner nailed it
And last year’s Awards winner, Australian photographer Mark Fitzpatrick, was the perfect pick for 2020 and pretty much sums up how many of us have felt throughout this year too!
There’s no stretching the truth about it. It’s been a REALLY rough couple of years and humankind definitely feels it. If these photos are anything to go by, our wildlife all over the world is too. Hang in there guys, we’ve got this. Things WILL get better!
One thing I do know for sure is, I’ll be looking at my local wildlife with a different set of eyes now, not that I’ll be seeing a TikToking bear any time soon…