A last-minute kids snack idea, party plate or after-school treat doesn’t get much easier than this three-ingredient apricot balls recipe. It’s delicious, quick AND you can keep a stash of these ingredients in your pantry so you’re ready to blitz them up in just minutes! WOO HOO!
No-bake apricot balls for the snack win!
If you don’t have a stash of dried apricots, desiccated coconut and tins of condensed milk in your pantry, you’re probably going to want to add them to your shopping list. I can just about promise that once the kids try these apricot balls, they’re going to be in high demand.
This no-bake recipe is SO simple, they’re easy enough to blitz up late at night and set overnight in time for lunch boxes in the morning. Alternatively you can roll them and keep them in the freezer (just make sure you keem away from little fingers!) Holy balls of yum – and just three ingredients!
IT’S WORTH NOTING: This recipe does make quite a lot of apricot balls, which is great value BUT does take a little time to roll. So let the kids get involved with the rolling to speed things up if you dare!
Dust off your food processor!
Word of warning for this recipe, a food processor is SO GOOD and worth its weight in gold! Be it a Thermomix, an electric chopper or a traditional food processor. Using a machine to cut through the sticky apricots and dice them up finely is a real timesaver and runs rings around a kitchen knife.
3-Ingredient Apricot Balls Recipe
Makes: around 60 apricot balls
- 500g dried apricots
- 395g sweetened condensed milk
- 2½ cups desiccated coconut (plus extra for rolling!)
- Place the dried apricots into the bowl of a food processor and chop until really finely diced. You may need to blitz the dried apricots in batches, depending on the size of your processor. Alternatively, you can chop the apricots up with a very sharp knife, you might just have a little more of a chunkier finish!
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and pour in the sweetened condensed milk. This followed by adding the desiccated coconut.
3. Blitz using the pulse button (or similar) and mix until well combined.
4. Using clean and damp hands, roll tablespoon-sized balls from the apricot mixture. (You can roll bigger balls if you’re short on time, it’s up to you, but a tablespoon is a nice lunch-box size.)
5. Place the extra desiccated coconut set aside for rolling, into a bowl. Add the rolled apricot balls to the desiccated coconut and roll them through it so they become covered in coconut.
6. Place the finished apricot balls in an airtight container and let them set in the fridge for a few hours – or place them straight in the freezer! Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to a week
That’s all there is to making these easy peasy sweet morsels of apricot goodness! Apricot balls really are perfect for bite-sized sweet snacks on the go, lunch box snacks, heck they’re even a sweet little addition to add to your next grazing board. YUM!
Do you have any tried and true snack ideas or snack recipes for kids and lunch boxes you’d love to share? Leave a comment below to let us know!