The best kind of dessert is one that is both hot and cold and this cinnamon doughnut dessert is all of that. Hot sweet doughnuts are a match made in dessert Heaven with creamy cold ice cream.
Breathe fresh life into stale cinnamon doughnuts (or fresh / frozen doughnuts too) with your air fryer. This FIVE-minute cinnamon doughnut dessert will make and feed the family in (just about) one ad break. HOLEY YUM!
Don’t throw out stale doughnuts, refresh them!
You only need a few inexpensive ingredients and it takes next to no time, so NO EXCUSES! Cinnamon doughnuts (even if they’re a couple of days old and not as fresh as they once were), cinnamon sugar, ice cream and caramel sauce – that’s it!
Here’s a fun Tiktok video we created to show you just what you need to do. Prefer to read the how-to steps? Scroll on down to see those!
@mumcentral 🍩 QUICK AIR FRYER DOUGHNUT DESSERT! 🍩 Use fresh, frozen or even stale doughnuts – here’s the BEST air fryer dessert idea anyone can make! HOLE-Y yum! 🤤 #doughnut #donuts #desserttiktok #airfryer #airfryertiktok ♬ About Damn Time – Lizzo
How to make a quick air fryer cinnamon doughnut dessert
- Cinnamon doughnuts (stale, fresh or frozen)
- Cinnamon sugar
- Ice cream of your choice
- Caramel sauce (or topping)
- Heat the cinnamon doughnuts in the air fryer until warm and heated through. There’s no need to preheat the air fryer and this won’t take long – usually only 3 or 4 minutes at 160°C. Keep an eye on the doughnuts in the basket, you don’t want them to burn!
- Even though your doughnuts will already have cinnamon sprinkled on them, sprinkle the hot doughnuts with MORE cinnamon sugar. You can never have too much cinnamon sugar, you really can’t. So measure that goodness with your heart.
- Next, take your cold ice cream and scoop some generous scoops, dividing them among bowls.
- Nestle your hot, freshly cinnamon sugar sprinkled doughnuts in next to the ice cream.
- Top the ice cream and doughnuts with a generous drizzle of caramel sauce or topping and dig in! YUM!
There you have it, folks, a super speedy and delicious air fryer cinnamon doughnut dessert that’s so easy to whip up, that even your older kids could do it!
If you have TOO many doughnuts to eat at once, you can wrap the doughnuts or place them in a zip-lock bag in your freezer to use later. You don’t need to defrost them to heat them up in the air fryer. Just pop them in frozen and heat them for an extra minute or so, checking on them after the four-minute mark to see how they’re going!
But wait, there’s more!
Do you want some other delicious and quick dessert ideas? Check out this Air Fryer Tim Tam Dessert Hack and of course, if you don’t have an air fryer but you DO have a microwave, you’re going to want to discover all seven of these Delicious Mug Cakes You Can Whip Up In An Ad Break! There’s sure to be a dessert idea to please everyone in there.