It’s a marriage made in cocktail heaven where Baileys meets Biscoff and it’s the greatest coffee and biscuit pairing ever. And on a Friday night (or any night), it’s a marriage made in Heaven tossed around in a cocktail shaker to create a creamy, sweet and delicious cocktail (or mocktail) in a flash!
YOu’re probably familiar with the all-too-popular Lotus Biscoff biscuits. But did you know there’s a Biscoff SPREAD now available too? Grab a jar of the smooth Biscoff spread blend, it will change your life. Or at the very least, make you VERY happy.
Now back to the cocktails! If you’re wanting an alcoholic cocktail, use Baileys Irish Cream and if it’s a mocktail you desire, just leave out the alcohol altogether. I DO recommend using a cocktail shaker (or a shaker of some sort) for maximum creaminess. Here’s a snapshot of what you need:
How to make a Baileys and Biscoff Cocktail
- 1 shot of hot espresso coffee
- 1 heaped teaspoon of Biscoff spread (plus extra for the glass)
- ½ cup thickened cream
- 30ml Baileys Irish Cream
- 2 Biscoff biscuits, crushed
- 1-2 cups of ice
- Wafer stick for garnish (for the fancy version)
- Mix a heaped teaspoon of Biscoff spread with your espresso coffee and stir until smooth. Place in the fridge or freezer to cool (don’t add it hot!). Meanwhile, prepare your glass by dipping the rim edge in Biscoff spread and then the Biscoff crumbs. YUM.
- Into the cocktail shaker, add your ice, cold coffee Biscoff mixture, cream and Baileys. Shake for a solid minute. Pour/strain the mix into your prepared glass and top with an extra sprinkle of Biscoff biscuit crumb and top with a wafer.
- Drink straight away!
So, what do you think? This is a fantastic recipe for one person and you can of course double it for a friend. Be sure to add it to your drinks repertoire this weekend!