Crunchy fries, easy roasted vegetables, party pies and sausage rolls in next to no time? You can bet we’re talking about air fryers today! Save both time AND money by not heating a whole oven, countertop air fryers is where it’s at.
Yep that’s right, they save you time, money AND your health!
Air fryers continue to be one of the most popular, sought after kitchen appliances on the market these days. So what’s the big deal I hear you ask?
Firstly, you can get that deep-fried / baked texture with minimal oil, so you’re saving your health.
Secondly, you save time and money by not heating a huge oven for half a dozen mini sausage rolls – AND they cook faster!
What is there not to love about those reasons? Cupcakes and party pies in 10 minutes flat? Check out just what we cooked in ours when we put it through its paces in our air fryer review.
For families of two through to larger tribes, we have 11 of the best air fryers for every sized crowd right here!
Best air fryers from just $49 to suit every family
1. Kmart Air Fryer – 1.5 Litre
The perfect starting point for an air fryer for one or two people, the Kmart 1.5 Litre Air Fryer, $49, will give you a side of crunchy fries in next to no time!
2. Adela Air Fryer – 2 Litre
Want an air fryer to blend into your kitchen decor a little? The modern and sleek look of the white shelled Adela Air Fryer, $59, is some serious eye candy. Not only does it look great, but it also fries to perfection with next to no oil.
3. Kmart Air Fryer – 3.2 Litre
An excellent choice for small families, the 3.2 Litre Kmart Air Fryer, $69 has a fancy LED control panel with 7 pre-set functions (yay, no guesswork!) and an overheat shut off function if it gets too hot. Safety first!
4. Sunbeam Copper Infused DURACERAMIC™ Air Fryer – 4 Litre
Hold on to your party pies guys, this is an air fryer for serious players. The Sunbeam Copper-Infused DuraCeramic™ Air Fryer, $159, has a special coating on the air fryer basket which ensures durability and excellent heat conduction. Not only is it supposedly a cinch to clean, but it also won’t flake or peel over time either. Winning!
5. Kmart Air Fryer – 5.3 Litre
If you have a few in your family to cook for, the 5.3 Litre Kmart Air Fryer, $89, is an awesome size with easy to read and clean dials. It’s a great size for sides of fries, potato gems or heating through snacks in a hurry.
6. Philips Daily Air Fryer
If it’s a heated bag of fries, some quickly roasted pumpkin for a salad or even warming up leftovers, the Philips Daily Air Fryer, $229 is just the gadget for the task at hand! The cool to touch, no-frills style is perfect for those who want to get the job done with minimal fuss. AWESOME
7. Mistral Air Fryer – 6.5 Litre
Featuring a sensor touch panel and a swish rounded design, the 6.5 Litre Mistral Air Fryer heats up to 200 degrees in just minutes. If you’re quick, you can nab this model for HALF PRICE for just $149.99! SCORE for the budget AND your health!
8. Philips Air Fryer XXL
We tried the Philips Air Fryer XXL, $479, for ourselves and loved it, you can even see us put it through its paces in a review! Perfect for a family of five, you can cook the perfect steak and even fit a whole chicken in it. Winner, winner chicken dinner!
9. Maxkon Air Fryer – 7 Litre
Slightly larger than the aforementioned Philips, the Maxkon Air Fryer, $149.95, is fantastic bang for your buck. Featuring a huge basket, this can also fit a small chicken or even a small batch of baking. The 60-minute timer makes it a brilliant choice for roasting.
10. Kmart 3-in-1 Air Fryer Oven – 11 Litres
Want a machine that can kind of do a bit of everything? The Kmart 3-in-1 Air Fryer Oven, $129, is an air fryer, dehydrator and oven – IN ONE. There are 10 pre-set functions for even the most beginner of cooks to get around, from chips and chops to dehydrating and defrosting. EASY. Accessories such as a rotisserie basket, drip tray and rotisserie fork set are even included. Sweet!
11. Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer – 22 Litres
If it’s a BIG air fryer you want, then you may as well just lock this granddaddy of them all in. Much like the Kmart version, the Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer, $468, air fries AND MORE. A HUGE 22-litre capacity, the dual-speed convection pushes hotter air to the top of the cavity for speedy, even cooking every time. The large transparent door means you can keep an eye on your food without opening the door and losing heat. Genius!
AIR FRYER TIPS:
- Get yourself an oil spray bottle such as the Decor Cook Refillable Oil Sprayer, $12 to make adding a touch of oil to your food REAL easy.
- Do clean it after each use. Sure it can be a pain, but they can get dirty REAL quickly if you don’t.
- Don’t place an air fryer directly on a stone benchtop (or any benchtop). These machines get HOT and there are horror stories getting around of people’s stone benches being cracked from the heat – so play it safe by placing it on a chopping board.
- Similarly, don’t push the air fryer up against your splashback while using either. Piping hot air being filtered out the back of the machine can damage the surface.
Tell us, what’s your favourite thing to cook in an air fryer? We want to know!
What to Read Next:
- 10 Easy Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Use Week After Week
- RECIPE: Warm Cinnamon Churros with Vanilla Caramilk Sauce
- 10 Things You Never Thought You Could Cook in an Air Fryer!