How do you fancy your coffee? Not shaken, not stirred but WHIPPED. Yes, you know it’s a GREAT time to be alive when coffee is trending in the viral world. We give you dalgona whipped coffee recipe!
Prepare to have your mind blown at firstly, just how delicious dalgona whipped coffee is and secondly, just how darn easy it is to make in your own kitchen.
Wondering if it’s the right coffee combo for you? Let me tell you, it won’t be replacing my four a day cuppa habit BUT it is a fantastic end of day (though not close to bed time if coffee leaves you wide eyed) treat.
A coffee snob I’m not (clearly, by the ample amount of instant coffee I have in my pantry) but I think even the pickiest of coffee lovers will like this.Plain and simply put, it’s easy to see why it’s taking off in the viral space!
If you like your coffee strong … Dalgona is a bodybuilder!
Dalgona whipped coffee has all the strong flavour of an espresso martini blended with the sweetness of a luxe iced coffee from your favourite coffee shop. It’s thick, creamy and decadent to the point of a silky smooth liquid – a pleasure to drink. Not to mention it certainly gives you a kick-start in the caffeine department.
It’s also a wannabe cocktail, I’m sure of it. Read on below how to make it one!
Dalgona Whipped Coffee recipe
Serves: 2 (or 1 large glass)
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- cold milk
- ice cubes
- In a medium-sized bowl (big enough to fit a whisk in), combine the coffee, sugar, and water. Whisk until light in colour and thick to soft peaks.
- Half fill a glass with ice cubes, fill 3/4 with milk and top with the whipped coffee.
- Stir in with a spoon or straw and drink. Enjoy!
Note: If you’re doubling the recipe or struggle with hand whipping, by all means, get out the stand mixer or electric whisk and go for it!
Much like the rest of the world, we can’t wait for the weekend to roll around so we can sip these well into Saturday night with a sneaky shot of Kahlua or even Baileys Irish Cream added. Like I said, Dalgona whipped coffee is a wannabe cocktail. Deeeeeelicious! Let us know if you try it too!
You might also like:
- What’s Your Score? 30 Perfect Coffee “Mum Moments” We Share (Because – Kids)
- The Perfect Gift for Coffee Lovers Around, These Funny Coffee Mugs Will Have You in Stitches!
- Pregnancy Teas; 10 Fab Herbal Brews to Steep When You’re Expecting