Eight varieties of milk sold in Victoria and Southern NSW have been recalled amid fears they could contain cleaning fluid.
Lactalis Australia, the dairy company who produces the one litre Coles, Pauls, PhysiCAL and REV branded milk, recalled the milk yesterday claiming they could contain “an amount of food grade dairy cleaning solution”.
The recalled milk was available for sale in Coles, Woolworths, IGA and other retailers, however the affected milk only covers a four-day use by date range.
The recall is only for one-litre bottles.
The bad batch has best-before dates ranging from 25th June to 28th June 2019 and could have a yellowish tinge, and a chemical taste, the Company said.
Coles have declared in a statement they sold the milk in across Victoria and into southern parts of NSW including the towns of Albury, Deniliquin, Lavington, and Tocumwal.
The Affected Products:
- Coles Full Cream Milk 1L Bottle (use by date: 25 and 26 June 2019)
- Coles Low Fat Milk 1L Bottle (use by date: 25 and 26 June 2019)
- Coles Skim Milk 1L Bottle (use by date: 25 June 2019)
- Pauls Full Cream Milk 1L Bottle (use by date: 26 and 27 June 2019)
- Pauls Smarter White Milk 1L Bottle (use by date: 25, 26 and 27 June 2019)
- REV 1L Bottle (use by date: 28 June 2019)
- PhysiCAL Low Fat 1L Bottle (use by date: 26 June 2019)
- PhysiCAL Skim 1L Bottle (use by date: 27 June 2019)
Source: Lactalis Australia
Anyone concerned about their health should seek medical advice.
If you have the affected batches, please return to your place of purchase for a full refund.
Full details can be found on the Food Standards Australia New Zealand website.