I’m at that point of a salad-filled summer where I’m yearning for vegetables. Behold the easiest, tastiest vegetable side dish around!
This side dish is minimal in fuss for maximum flavour, with sweet spuds delivering a scrumptious punch to any meal.
We’re probably not the only family who’s facing summer recipe fatigue. As the weather cools we start to yearn for earthier, winter flavours. Well, good news peeps, this sweet potato dish is a great transitional side dish that still pairs well with salad. As well-suited for easy weekday dinners as it is for hosting a casual BBQ, this delish dish will soon be on weekly rotation at your house.
Combining everyones favourite flavours of garlic and cheese, the whole family will agree that these sweet potatoes are o-so-good. If you’re ready for a hit of vegetables – step this way.
Smashed Cheesy Garlic Sweet Potatoes recipe
- 2 medium to large sized sweet potatoes, skins washed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 60g butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 rosemary sprigs, leaves removed and chopped, plus extra to serve
- 50g parmesan cheese, finely grated, plus extra to serve
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Leaving the skin on, slice the sweet potatoes in to 2.5 cm thick rounds.
- Place the rounds on an oven tray and drizzle the olive oil over the top. Season with salt and pepper and pop them into the oven to roast for 20 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a small pan on the stove top or microwave. Add the garlic and chopped rosemary. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven. Using the base of a cup, gently squash the surface of the potato round until they are slightly flat and squished.
- Spoon the garlic butter over the top of each crushed potato round and top with a smattering of grated parmesan cheese. Roast for a further 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the potato skins start to crisp.
- Serve hot with an extra sprinkling of rosemary and cheese. Delicious!
This recipe serves 4.