Mark your calendars, October 31 is Halloween night, bringing a whole lot of fun for kids (and the young at heart) on your street. Every year more and more Australians adopt Halloween as a fun night to participate in. What better excuse is there to dress up, be scary and show off your costumes to family and friends?
After all, Halloween is becoming more and more popular here in Australia, and we want everyone to be ready to give their best spooktacular fright! From fun and thrilling murder mystery nights to cauldrons full of potions. We can help you create cute critters and get your hands on all the best tableware and house decorations.
Halloween 2021 : Our Top Trick or Treat Tips!
- To avoid confusion (and endless door-knocking) make it VERY clear that you’re participating in Halloween festivities. Decorate your house all you like or for something a little more low-key, just tie some balloons around your letterbox and add a sign that says you’re up for visiting trick or treaters!
- When choosing your treats for trick or treaters, always choose lollies and treats that are individually wrapped.
- Have options for kids who are trick or treating who might have food allergies. You can buy some novelty pencils, glow sticks or little toys (from the $2 shop) for them to pick and choose from instead!
- When your kids are choosing their costume – or if you’re choosing for them – keep the weather in mind. We’ve had a few Halloween days that have been exceptionally warm, which can be quite stifling for even the smallest of wrapped-up mummies roaming the streets.
- If your children are trick or treating, make sure they have adult supervision at all times. Also, have a chat with them about how to approach people at their front door in their street. It’s important to use manners and be polite, saying hello, please and thank you.
- No eating all your trick or treat loot along the way! No one wants a tummy ache too early (and it gives mum first dibs on what to hide in the pantry).
Halloween 2021 : The Covid19 Lockdown Edition
If your kids are in lockdown, isolating or you’re just not comfortable with the kids being out and about, that’s perfectly ok. You can STILL have some quality Halloween fun this year, from the safety of your own home!
- Trick or treat – the “at-home” version. You can dress up and set up a scavenger (or Easter egg-style) hunt for Halloween treats. That’s a pretty fun way to fill up your Halloween buckets and will keep kids busy – they don’t care WHERE their loot comes from, after all.
- Get busy in the kitchen! Cook up a ghastly lunch for the family! There are lots of spooky shaped biscuits, cranium cupcakes and eyeball pizza ideas floating around the internet – why not have a cook up with the kids! We’ve got a few spooktacular recipes too – brain cupcakes, yum!
- Decorate your home for Halloween more than ever before. Bat wings, cauldrons and spider webs, oh my! Woolworths has brilliant decorations at budget-friendly prices that you can pick up with your weekly shop.
- Have a virtual catch up Halloween party with family and friends. Everyone can dress up and show off their outfits to each other. Fun!
- Arrange with family or friends to do a drive-by trick and treat. The kids can stand out in the front yard showing off how scary they are and your loved ones can drop treats into the letterbox. FUN TIMES!
Get your fright on AND your bake on!
For even more at home Halloween fun, check out these awesome Halloween cake ideas!
We have a complete guide (and handy video) on how to create a no-bake Halloween pinata cake mud cake hack the whole family can enjoy. What could be lurking within this Jack-O-Lantern?!
We have a recipe for cute and critter bat cupcakes too! They are perfect for Halloween gifts or afternoon tea. Yummy!
Halloween never tasted SO GOOD!
12 Best Halloween finds 2021
Magic Mixies Magic Cauldron
PRICE: $98 (save $31)
WHERE TO BUY: Big W
Make magical mist and spells your speciality this Halloween and experience real magic with the Magic Mixies Magic Cauldron!
This epic cauldron comes with all the magic ingredients you need. The kit comes with a super special wand to help you mix the perfect potion to create a cute furry friend too! Watch as your Mixie appears from the REAL mist, then tap their gem with your wand to see if they’ll grant you a wish. An interactive toy with more than 50 reactions to be heard and seen amid the magic – we’re sure it’ll be a winner for your magic loving crew!
Masters of Mystery Halloween Murder Mystery Game Kit
PRICE: from $37.83
WHERE TO BUY: Masters of Mystery
Host your own murder mystery game night with the ultimate Halloween themed murder mystery game. This host your own murder mystery kit is perfect for a night in with family, a dinner party game with friends or take it into the virtual world and play it on ZOOM!
With up to three hours of gameplay, this murder mystery game is all adults need for a night of scary in-house fun! Simply (1) DOWNLOAD the mystery game materials (invitations, host guide, ghost detective audio files, evidence packs and more!), (2) INVITE your friends and (3) get DRESSED UP to be prepared for a fright!
Treasure X Coffin Monsters
WHERE TO BUY: Kmart
Be in for some monstrous fun this Halloween with Treasure X Coffin Monsters. Curious about what lies beyond the casket? If you dare, you’ll find the most ghoulish monster treasure hunt awaits!
Search through the spider web compound to find body parts to build your monster. Prepare for a scare as you pour the slimy elixir into the coffin and watch as your monster springs up and out of his coffin as it comes to life. Each toy has 13 levels of adventure to fizz and ooze your way through and there are six bigger than ever monster figures to collect. You can even mix and match monsters and swap body parts to create your own. Creepy, but oh so much fun!
Rubies Deerfield Halloween Costumes
PRICE: Costumes start around $25.
WHERE TO BUY: Costume Super Centre
Rubies Deerfield has the whole family covered for your costume and accessory needs this Halloween!
Check out these super cool costumes – perfect for trick or treating and Halloween parties – and would make a great backup for next year’s Book Week! Imagine turning your daggy dad into a Werewolf or sparkle up as the Rainbow Colour Magic Witch with colour-changing sequins? Otherwise, you could get glowing as this uber-fun neon skeleton for under $30!
Rubie’s Deerfield boasts the largest range of Licensed costumes in Australia! Official Bluey and Bingo costumes are cute, easy-wear jumpsuits with masks and are available in sizes to fit 3-8-year-olds. But don’t forget mum and dad… they can join the Heeler Club too as Chilli and Bandit! Plus there’s also Disney Princesses, DC and Marvel
superheroes including our faves Batman, Wonder Woman, Spider-man and The Hulk!
Lush Halloween Bath Goodies
PRICE: From $7.95
WHERE TO BUY: Lush
Bubble, bubble, toil and spooky clean trouble! Bring a whole cauldron of spooky squeaky clean fun to the bathroom with these epic bath and shower goodies from Lush. From Punkin Pumpkin Bath Bombs to Alien Bubble Bars and all the squishy Monster Octopus Shower Jellies in between, you’ll find them all at Lush online or in-store!
Dusk Halloween Candles and Homewares
PRICE: From $7.99
WHERE TO BUY: Dusk
The witching hour has arrived conjuring skeletons from the past. With candles, candleholders, homewares and wickedly good scents prepare to be spellbound with a touch of magic and a pinch of fright! Light up the Halloween night with Dusk!
Halloween Cookie Cutters and Accessories
PRICE: from $4.95
WHERE TO BUY: Cookie Cutter Shop
Looking for a delicious gift to give this Halloween or perhaps just want to add some ghastly goodness to your baking? Along with cookie cutters and sprinkles galore, there’s a whole lot of amazing fondant moulds and embossers to discover. Cookie Cutter Shop is your one-stop-shop with everything you need to bake and decorate bikkies to thrill the whole family!
Spotlight Sooky Hollow Tableware
PRICE: From $4
WHERE TO BUY: Spotlight
Dress up your table, Halloween style with Spotlight’s awesome Spooky Hollow range of paper plates, cups and napkins. Plus, they stock more trick or treat buckets, creepy and cute decor and decorating items than a witch can poke a broomstick at. Prices are super budget-friendly too so you can really let your head go!
The Base Warehouse Spiderweb Decoration
WHERE TO BUY: The Base Warehouse
Decorating the outside of your house for Halloween can be SO much fun. Let everyone on your street know you’re up for joining in on the fun with trick or treat visitors, starting with this MESS FREE (not at all sticky) spiderweb decoration at your door entrance, so COOL!
Wild Dough Co Halloween playdough
PRICE: from $14.95
WHERE TO BUY: Wild Dough Co
Wild Dough Playdough is made especially for small children! Kids will love the squishing, squashing and squelching of this Halloween coloured dough – choose from orange-scented Sunset Orange, liquorice-scented Galaxy Black, apple-scented Neon Green or the divine coconut-scented Neon Purple playdough. Little jars of FUN!
WHERE TO BUY: Woolworths
For some good old fashioned pumpkin carving fun, head into your local Woolworths store to pick your pumpkin. You can carve it out Jack-o-lantern style or if it’s patience you lack, try painting a few with ghoulish faces instead! Want something more cute than terrifying? Paint them pumpkins shades of pastel pink – CUTE!
Get Socked Halloween Socks
WHERE TO BUY: Get Socked!
Forget about pep in your step, this Halloween put some pumpkin in your step instead! A cheeky, subtle nod to one of the most fun nights of the year, you really put your foot in it by wearing these cute Jack-o-lantern Halloween print socks!
There you have it, folks, all of our spooktacular Halloween picks for 2021. May your night be spent with minimal tricking and maximum treating. Mwah-ha-ha!