Meet the meringue wreath, but with an Easter twist! This is one of the easiest 10-minute desserts you’ll find getting around at Easter and you don’t even have to bake a single thing. HOP TO IT!
A quick trip into Woolworths is all you need to get this dessert started.
An Easter nest meringue wreath to feed 10 people for just $13! BARGAIN!
Best of all you don’t need to turn on the oven, it’s all been done for you! In less than 10 minutes you have dessert on the table, ready to be devoured (or less if you cheat and use canned whipped cream). Yep, that means YOU CAN TAKE THIS DESSERT CAMPING (provided you have an Esky).
Easter Nest Meringue Wreath Recipe
Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 pack of Woolworths Meringue Nests
- 600ml cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 packet Cadbury Mini Eggs
- 1 Cadbury Flake
- Large piping bag and large icing nozzle – optional
1. Whip cream and vanilla together, into soft peaks.
2. Place the meringue nests into a circle using a large platter or board.
3. Using a piping bag and icing nozzle pipe the cream on top of the meringue nests. You can use a spoon or a small spatula if you don’t have a piping bag!
4. Crumble the Flake bar to resemble twigs and sprinkle them gently on top of the whipped cream.
5. Place three or four Cadbury Mini Eggs on top of each meringue nest.
6. Prepare to wow the crowd with this epic dessert hack and serve immediately. Dessert on the table in under 10 minutes!
TIP: If you plan to travel with your Easter nest wreath, glue the meringue nests to your plate or board with a spoon of cream underneath each one!
If you have more than 10 people to feed and you still want to make a wreath shape, check out Woolworths Petite Pavlovas for smaller serves, yet still wreath friendly! Yummy!
Meringue and pavlova make for the perfect Easter dessert, just a HINT of chocolate and if you leave the sugar out of the cream (as I’ve done here), you can really cut back on the sugar intake over the weekend. Bon appetit!