Who’s keen to do some cooking with the kids – minus the actual cooking bit? Here’s a chocolate Easter nests recipe which is as easy as ingredients with a touch of microwave action. Minimal mess, minimal fuss, maximum fun. AND EASTER EGGS.
We entertained ourselves in the kitchen with this fun (and mighty delicious) recipe. Your kids will love it too – just make sure they agree to wash up the bowl and spoons because #bribery. PLUS the whole shebang cost less $10 (thanks to those Easter egg specials at Woolworths). Sweet!
With Easter not that far away, it’s time to hop to it!
Chocolate Easter Nest Recipe
- 100g Chang’s Original Fried Noodles
- 2 tablespoons Woolworths Natural Peanut Butter (this peanut butter is awesome, it contains JUST peanuts, nothing else – and just $3.15!)
- 200g Woolworths Milk Cooking Chocolate
- 125g Cadbury Mini Eggs
1. In a microwave-safe bowl or jug, break up the chocolate into pieces and add the peanut butter. Microwave for 40 seconds, stir and microwave for another 40 seconds or until just melted. Stir the mixture until completely smooth.
2. Add the fried noodles and mix them in really well so they’re covered in chocolate. It doesn’t matter if they break into lots of bits!
3. Line a tray with baking paper and spoon tablespoons of the mixture onto the tray to make nests. You can make them as big or as small as you like. Add one, two or three Mini Eggs to the top of each one and put them in the fridge to set for an hour.
4. Once the chocolate Easter nests are set, they’ll easily peel off the baking paper. Pop them on a plate and eat. Yum!
We’d love to see what you’re up to in the kitchen this Easter, let us know in the comments below.
For more awesome Easter-themed reads, see these posts:
- 21 Funny Easter Tweets That Sum Up School Holiday Parenting
- 12 Cute Free Easter Printables Guaranteed to Eggcite the kids
- White Chocolate and Raspberry Hot Cross Bun Pudding Recipe