Forget breaking knives trying to slice through a slab of rock-hard ice cream cake, THIS is how to create the ultimate, pre-portioned, mess-free ice cream cake – and you can make it ANY size you want. There’s no melting of any kind, just get straight in and enjoy it!
New ice cream cake hack unwrapped, literally
My kids always loved ice cream cake party cake – which is awesome, who doesn’t love delicious, smooth and creamy ice cream? The downside of an ice cream cake though is it generally takes a LOT of ice cream to make into a cake form. And then there’s always some leftover. And what do you do with that let it melt quick or try and put it back in the freezer? Alas no more, thanks to ice cream sandwiches.
That’s right folks, I’ve unlocked a new level of ice cream cake wizardry. And it mostly comes down to making smart (and by smart, I mean minimal effort and delicious) choices at the supermarket. Woolworths Ice Cream Sandwiches are the hero in my cake. You can even mix up the flavours to please all your guests or just stick to one flavour it’s really up to you.
Of course, you need a few extras to complete your cake, but they’re all SUPER easy to find at the supermarket too. #STILLNOFUSS
The Easiest Fancy Pants Ice Cream Cake Hack!
- Woolworths Ice Cream Sandwiches (1 per guest)
- Woolworths Neopolitan Ice-cream for the centre scoops
- Woolworths Natural Plain Waffle Cones
- Woolworths Chocolate Hard Set Topping
- Sprinkles and M&Ms to decorate
- Make sure you have an ice cream sandwich for each child attending (no one wants to miss out!). Unwrap each one and stand them up lengthways on a pre-chilled plate or platter, fanning them out to create a circle.
- To the centre of the circle, add more of the ice cream sandwiches at the base first or just fill the circle with scoops of ice cream, stacked on top of each other. TIP: if you pre-scoop your ice cream balls and freeze them on a baking tray in advance, the ice cream will stay harder for longer!
- Add a few upended waffle cones onto your creation for fun and decoration (plus have extra waffle cones handy, there will be adults who will want an ice cream cone, for sure!)
- To finish off, carefully squirt the cold ice cream scoops with the chocolate hard set topping and sprinkle with sprinkles. Place some M&Ms around the platter for an extra boost of colour.
- All that is left to do is pop a candle in, sing happy birthday and pass around some bowls and napkins. YUM!
Something for the dairy-free guests, too!
Of course, if you have dairy-free peeps attending your party, they don’t need to miss out on any of the ice cream cake hack fun either. Nope, not at all.
You could always incorporate some delicious scoops of Woolworths Plantitude Frozen Dessert into your cake (or make some ice cream sandwiches using this coconut cream-based ice cream. You wouldn’t even KNOW it was not full of dairy, it honestly does taste that good. Check out how we make dairy-free ice cream sandwiches below!
Let us know if you’ve made your own ice cream cake hack – or if you’re going to give this beautiful stack of ice cream sandwiches a crack, we’d love to hear in the comments below!