Halloumi is the most magical cheese – it’s solid, yet can be soft, it’s mighty delicious and it SQUEAKS. Here’s three amazing halloumi recipes fit for the whole family and destined for devouring!
As the name suggests, Barossa Cheese is made right here in South Australia’s glorious Barossa Valley. And it doesn’t stop there … even the milk is from the Barossa, all hand crafted with love to give you the ultimate in taste and quality.
But wait, it gets better!
You’ve got mail – AND CHEESE!
Prepare to have your halloumi loving mind BLOWN – our friends at Barossa Cheese appreciate our Halloumi loving souls and have crafted together their very own Halloumi Cheese Pack, enough to feed 10-12 people, ready for you to purchase online and have delivered straight to your door! Cheese in the mail – HOW AWESOME, right? It’s wrapped in wool (to keep it cool) then packed beautifully (and securely) on ice in a box and delivered by EXPRESS POST so it gets to you safe, sound and COLD! It’s like your very own cheese express!
It’s the perfect GIFT IDEA for the Halloumi lovers in your life (including you of course!). Perfect for entertaining or straight-up indulging with friends (or on the couch with a glass of wine!).
The She’s Cheese Halloumi Cheese Pack (RRP $33) from Barossa Valley Cheese Company features four different flavours of halloumi:
- Mild Spice Halloumi (has a mild kick)
- Traditional Halloumi (a classic favourite)
- Lemon & Oregano Halloumi (creamy with a touch of zing!)
- Mint Halloumi (a fresh and fragrant lift, perfect for salads)
Ordering is SO easy, just head online to Barossa Cheese and pop it through the online checkout – don’t forget to use the exclusive Mum Central discount below to take advantage of some savings. Sweet!
It’s the best – and tastiest – delivery you’ll have all week!
BONUS OFFER FOR MUM CENTRAL READERS:
Grab yourself a She’s Cheese Halloumi Cheese Pack for just $33 and take 15% OFF using code ‘MUM15‘ at checkout.
WATCH what we did with some of the halloumi from the pack – halloumi cooked three ways in scrumptious meals for the whole family! (scroll down for recipe details)
RECIPES: Halloumi Cheese Three Ways
1: Tasty Halloumi Fries
- 150g She’s Cheese Mild Spice Halloumi
- ½ cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Mint leaves (optional)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Relish for dipping
- Combine the flour and spices in a bowl, mix!
- Cut the halloumi into thick ‘fries’ and roll them in the flour mix.
- In a small frying pan, heat 2 cups of vegetable oil to a medium high heat.
- Shallow fry the floured halloumi in batches, turning until golden brown.
- Drain excess oil on paper towel before serving in a bowl with mint leave sprigs for a hit of cool freshness.
- Don’t forget the relish for dipping! YUM!
2: The Ultimate Halloumi Burger
- 150g She’s Cheese Traditional Halloumi
- 2 Brioche burger rolls
- Mushrooms, sliced
- ⅓ cup Chipotle aioli
- Lettuce leaves
- Red cabbage, finely sliced
- Avocado, sliced
- Knob of butter
- Olive oil
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and saute until just cooked through. Set aside and keep warm.
- Cut the halloumi into two slices length-ways to create two cheese ‘burgers’. Brush them with olive oil.
- Cook the halloumi in a frying pan over medium high heat for two minutes either side, or until golden brown.
- Assemble the burger! Spread the bun with a tsp of aioli (mix the remaining through the cabbage).
- Layer the bun with lettuce, cabbage slaw, the halloumi, mushrooms and avocado for a taste sensation!
RECIPE 3: Halloumi Dippers With Boiled Egg
(Serves 1 – 2)
- 60g She’s Cheese Lemon & Oregano Halloumi
- 2 eggs
- Asparagus spears
- ¼ lemon
- Olive oil
- In a small saucepan, boil the eggs for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the halloumi into baton shaped ‘soldiers’ and brush with olive oil.
- Cut the asparagus in half.
- Over a medium high heat, cook the halloumi soldiers and asparagus in a lightly oiled frying pan until halloumi is golden brown.
- When cooked, squeeze a teaspoon of lemon juice over the top.
- Plate up with the dippy egg and dip-dip-dip your halloumi in!
Your Next Cheese Delivery is Only a Click Away!
Perfect for all your halloumi cheese needs, and to taste beautifully flavoured halloumi, head to the Barossa Cheese website to order the epic Halloumi Cheese Pack. Be sure to check out the other brilliant cheese packs on offer for all occasions (or just because) – there’s most definitely something for EVERY cheese enthusiast! Their Barossa Cheese Triple Cream is to die for and the Gourmet Cheese Hamper can’t be overlooked. 😉 You’re welcome!
Barossa Valley Cheese can also be purchased at your local Foodland or selected IGA supermarkets.
You might also like:
- How to Make a Baked Brie Cob Loaf
- 5 Ways to ‘Beef Up’ Your Maggi 2 Minute Noodles Into Awesome Meals
- How to Make a Fries Board