The easiest pancake recipe you’ll ever find, this one is two (yes, just TWO) ingredients. It’s a super simple, super easy banana pancake recipe you’ll definitely go bananas for!
In essence, you’ll need two eggs for every large-sized banana you’re using. If you have a surplus of eggs and bananas, you can make a delicious stack of pancakes. If you have just one banana and a couple of eggs, don’t you worry, you can still make several tasty pikelets for a healthy toddler snack.
Two ingredient banana pancake recipe – same, same but different…
It goes without saying that a two-ingredient pancake is not going to be of quite the same calibre as a regular pancake but it’s a really awesome alternative for when the pantry is looking grim.
It’s also a great banana pancake recipe to cater for children who have allergies and can’t have ingredients that are usually found in a pancake recipe such as flour and milk. If so, then this recipe is for YOU! And of course, you most definitely shouldn’t knock it until you try it.
TWO INGREDIENT BANANA PANCAKE RECIPE NOTE: Unlike a regular pancake mix, this pancake mix is quite thin and loose – so don’t think you’ve done something wrong when it doesn’t become a thick creamy batter like you would be used to!
Banana Pancake Recipe – Two Ingredients for the Breakfast Win!
You can make as much or as little of this recipe, just remember the banana to egg ratio below.
- 1 large banana (the riper the better, they’re naturally sweeter and softer to mash!)
- 2 eggs (2 eggs for every banana used)
- In a bowl, use a fork to mash the banana until it’s of a relatively smooth consistency. If you have a whole bunch of bananas, use a potato masher!
- Add the eggs and whisk them in until well incorporated. Alternatively, you could use a stick blender or Nutri-Bullet to give it a really good blitz through.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and grease it with either a spritz of oil or a knob of butter.
- Spoon or pour the banana pancake mixture into the pan. Because the batter is quite loose, you could use greased egg rings to help keep your pancake shapes uniform for a neat stack.
- Cook the pancakes until golden around the edge and then flip them over to cook the other side.
- Stack the banana pancakes and serve straight away while still warm. Though to be fair, these banana pancakes are hard to resist leaving them alone for too long!
Banana pancake serving suggestions
The pancakes from this two-ingredient banana pancake recipe are amazing with a dollop of yoghurt, fresh berries and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon or turn up the indulgence notch with a generous drizzle of maple syrup, extra sliced banana and yummy crushed walnuts. So good and so, so delicious! And of course, you always just stick to basics and enjoy them with a slick of butter. Drool….
DID YOU KNOW? Bananas are the only fruit that contains the amino acid tryptophan plus vitamin B6. They help your body produce serotonin—a natural substance that alleviates depression. That’s right, bananas are a feel-good fruit!
What do you think? Will you be trying this super easy two-ingredient banana pancake recipe at home? If you have any tried and tested recipes that use minimal (four or under) ingredients, we’d love to hear what is that you make, drop your comment below to share and inspire others!