This is a sponsored post for Woolworths.
This tricky COVID-19 time may be putting a halt on our holiday plans, but we won’t let that stop us travelling with our taste buds! Woolworths COOK Traybakes are just the ticket you need to enjoy an imaginary holiday at your family table!
Woolworths are really delivering the goods to create easy, quick family dinners with the launch of their amazing COOK Traybake range. Deliciously inspired from all corners of the globe (Spain! Greece, Italy!), there’s something for everyone in the range.
Woolies prep … you just cook!
Unlike a regular holiday, the prep is all done for you so all you need to do is sit back, relax and let the oven do all the work for you. Dinner will be on the table in a jiffy! Or about 35 minutes or less, to be exact.
There’s fresh vegetables or sauce (or both!) included in each COOK Traybake to pack a flavoursome punch and clear, simple to follow cook instructions. The easiest cooking hack you’ll get at the supermarket – they really are as easy as removing the plastic and baking them in the oven. Some require foil over the top and some don’t – that’s about as complex as it gets.
The COOK Traybake range includes:
- Woolworths COOK Spanish Chorizo Meatball Bake 430g
- Woolworths COOK Mexican Pork & Beef Meatball Bake 500g
- Woolworths COOK Lamb Koftas with Mixed Vegetables and a Lemon & Mint Yoghurt Drizzle 500g
- Woolworths COOK Chicken Breast Wrapped in Prosciutto, with Napolitana Sauce 500g
- Woolworths COOK Spinach & Ricotta Chicken Parcels 500g
- Woolworths COOK Basil Sundried Tomato Pesto Stuffed Chicken Breast 500g
- Woolworths COOK Creamy Chicken, Bacon & Leek Pie 550g
- Woolworths Chicken Tikka Curry Bake 550g
If you’re not sure what to serve your chosen COOK Traybake with, Woolies has you covered there too. Check the packaging for easy side dish suggestions – they’re delicious, and so very helpful.
Woolworths COOK Traybakes serve two people, cook in 35 minutes or less AND cost just $10-$11 a pop. #WINNINGATDINNER Order yours below!
Watch below to see how we take FIVE Woolworths COOK Traybakes and travel the world with our taste buds! We whipped up a couple of easy-breezy side dishes to go with each Woolworths COOK Traybake for a complete family meal. Scroll down for all the recipe details.
#ad Just like a holiday, but not! WATCH our culinary world tour from home with the COOK tray bakes from Woolworths! Join our tour from Mexico to Greece, Italy and across to India before finishing in Spain! You too can dish up delicious international cuisines (and their sides) to the table in under 35 minutes. Get yours at Woolies now for just $10 a tray – BON VOYAGE! #woolieswinter #ad Woolworths
Posted by Mum Central on Tuesday, June 9, 2020
FIRST STOP - MEXICO!
RECIPES: Around the world with Woolworths COOK Traybakes
1. Mexican meatball bowls
- 2 x Woolworths COOK Pork & Beef Meatballs (in Mexican Style Con Carne Sauce)
- Lettuce, shredded
- ¼ Red capsicum
- 1 Cucumber
- 125g tin corn kernels
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 100g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ⅓ cup coriander, chopped
- ½ avocado, diced
- Sour cream
- Grated cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Remove plastic and cover trays with foil. Follow pack directions and bake for 30 minutes.
- Dice ¼ of red capsicum and one cucumber.
- Combine capsicum, cucumber, corn, onion, cherry tomatoes, coriander and avocado in a bowl and gently mix.
- Season with salt and add a squeeze of lime juice. Stir.
BUILD THE BOWLS!
- Layer bowls with shredded lettuce and the salsa salad.
- Add the COOK Pork & Beef Meatballs (and the yummy sauce!)
- Don’t forget a warm tortilla!
- Add a dollop of sour cream and top with grated cheese.
- Serve with a wedge of lime and ENJOY!
2. Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken with garlic broccoli and buttery baby potatoes
- 2 x Woolworths COOK Chicken Breasts Wrapped In Prosciutto (with mixed vegetables in a Napolitana sauce)
- 2 heads of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Woolworths Simply Steam baby white potato pack
- 15g butter
- 1 tbs chopped parsley
- ¼ lemon
- Bread baguette
- Preheat the oven to 220C. Remove plastic and empty sauce sachet over chicken. Cover trays with foil. Follow pack directions and bake for 35 minutes.
- Put the broccoli florets in a bowl. Mix together the garlic and olive oil. Toss through broccoli. Bake for 20 minutes until crispy on the edges.
- For super QUICK potatoes, steam these in the microwave. They take just 8 minutes! Empty into a bowl, add butter and parsley, toss through. Before serving, add a squeeze of lemon to the broccoli.
- Divide chicken breasts and tray vegetables between plates.
- Add broccoli, potatoes and baguette. YUM!
NEXT ONTO GREECE!
3. Lamb koftas with chickpea salad and couscous
- 2 x Woolworths COOK Lamb Koftas (with Mediterranean vegetables and a mint yoghurt sauce)
- 420g tin chickpeas
- ⅓ cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 x cucumber
- 2 x tomatoes
- ¼ red onion
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 50g Feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Remove plastic, set aside sauce sachets and bake according to instructions.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas, tip them into a bowl. Slice olives and dice the cucumber, add them to the bowl.
- Quarter the tomatoes. Scoop the flesh and seeds out and dice. Add to the bowl.
- Dice the red onion and add.
- Make a dressing by mixing olive oil, lemon juice, oregano and garlic powder. Stir through salad and top with crumbled feta cheese.
COUSCOUS (so good you say it twice)
- Pour ½ a cup of couscous into a bowl. Add ½ a cup of boiling water. Stir and cover for 10 minutes.
- Use a fork to fluff up couscous.
READY TO EAT!
- Transfer koftas to a serving plate and serve with salad and couscous. Don’t forget the pita!
OVER TO INDIA...
4. Chicken Tikka with rice and mint cucumber salad
- 2 x Woolworths COOK Chicken Tikka (with mixed vegetables in an Indian inspired curry sauce)
- Basmati rice
- Flaked almonds
- ¼ red onion
- 2 small cucumbers
- Fresh mint leaves
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Remove plastic from packs. Cover trays with foil. Follow pack directions and bake for 35 minutes.
- Get your rice ready – use your favourite method to cook.
- Pop, pop, pop your pappadums and set aside.
- Salad time! Slice a quarter of a red onion thinly.
- Slice two small cucumbers and add to a bowl with the onion.
- Chop the fresh herb leaves and mix through.
- Add a splash of olive oil and season with salt.
- Spoon the chicken tikka into a serving bowl, top with a sprinkle flaked almonds and serve with rice, cucumber salad and pappadums. YUM!
AND FINALLY SPAIN
5. Pork and beef meatballs with butter beans and patatas
- 2 x Woolworths COOK Pork & Beef Meatballs (with chorizo in a spanish style tomato sauce)
- 4 medium potatoes
- Oil for frying
- 400g Green beans
- Knob of butter
- Dinner rolls or crusty bread
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Remove plastic from packs. Cover trays with foil. Follow pack directions and bake for 30 minutes.
- To make the patatas (hand-cut chips), peel and cut the potatoes into bite size pieces.
- Heat enough oil to shallow fry, in a frying pan to a high heat. Fry the potatoes in two batches and season with salt.
- Steam green beans until tender add a little butter to the cooked beans.
- Warm the bread in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Spoon the meatballs into a serving bowl and serve with the green beans, the patatas and bread for mopping up that tomato sauce!
Add Woolworths COOK Traybakes to your trolley TODAY!
For the ultimate quick dinner solution which ticks the boxes of flavoursome, budget-friendly and healthier than takeaway – head to Woolworths for a COOK Traybake. You won’t be disappointed, just bake and eat!