The cooler weather is setting in and there’s nothing better than a toastie, right? Prepare to have your taste buds blown with this air fryer Turkish bread pizza sub the whole family will love!
More than just a snack, this toasted bread delight could become your favourite quick-sticks meal to serve your kids. The secret is in the delicious Turkish bread and pizza blend cheese – it’s where a crunch crust meets oozing melted cheese goodness. Promise.
Note: These pizza subs can also be cooked in the oven, they’ll just take a little longer! The air fryer is an absolute game-changer, you can be rolling these out to the kids in under 10 minutes.
Air Fryer Turkish Subs
- 3 Turkish bread rolls (Helga’s fit perfectly in the air fryer!)
- ½ cup of pizza sauce or tomato paste
- 120g shaved or sliced ham
- 50g sliced salami
- 1-2 tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 250g Woolworths Italian Inspired Cheese blend
- fresh basil leaves
- Other topping ideas: pineapple, capsicum, roast veggies, diced chicken etc
1. Prepare your toppings! Slice the tomato and onion into thin slices. Shred the fresh basil leaves.
2. Slice the Turkish bread rolls in half lengthways so you have two thin slabs.
3. Dot the rolls with the pizza sauce and load up with a thin layer of cheese, ham, tomato, onion, salami and finish off with more cheese.
4. Carefully lower the rolls into the air fryer. Sprinkle with fresh basil leaves and more cheese if you’re feeling extra.
TIP: Don’t sprinkle the cheese too close to the edge – if it melts off onto your basket it’s a bit of a pain to clean!
5. Bake in the air fryer for 5 – 7 minutes at 180°C.
6. Carefully remove from the air fryer basket and serve. Yum!
These make great school lunch box treats too. You can slice and freeze them for later if your child is happy to eat them cold! See here for loads more lunch box inspo and time-saving tips!
What are your favourite open toastie or pizza toppings? Let us know if you try these air fryer pizza subs for yourself!
Don’t have an air fryer? Check out these awesome air fryer suggestions!