Influencer Elessha Quinn is a proud mum of three beautiful energetic little girls who are the luckiest trio in the world after being gifted with this stunning cubby house!
Eleesha and her husband, with the help of Eleesha’s parents, gave a popular Bunnings cubby house an epic makeover, transforming it into a play paradise for the girls.
Complete with a cubby, slide, a gorgeous deck, a swing set, pergola, and sun chairs, this space is serious #backyardgoals.
Oh My Cubby!
While Eleesha usually shares pics and stories about the family’s travelling adventures, with lockdown in place, Eleesha decided to focus her attention on the backyard of her new home. Although technically, the house is still being built, she decided to start the reno process outside and give the girls a space to burn off that energy.
Good thinking! How easy will it be to convince them to “go play outside” while they unpack and decorate the house once moved in?!
A perfect place space
Eleesha shared her epic cubby house transformation on her Insta page @the.quinn.girls and people are in absolute awe, especially after discovering most of the materials came from Bunnings and Spotlight.
Which means, DIY enthusiasts, you too, could pull this off.
How they did it
Here’s what they used to make it happen:
- Hideout tower cubby house ($1,987) available from Bunnings
- Roof painted in Colorbond Steel Woodland Grey paint
- Outside painted in Dulux White on White paint
- Decking, pergola, and swing set made by Eleesha’s very talented dad and hubby
- The flower pots, party lights, pots, and plants were also from Bunnings
- The little chairs were an old purchase that they repainted and reupholstered with some material from Spotlight
Eleesha shares step by step pics on her page as well so you can follow the process.
She writes on her Insta page,
My whole family helped get this baby over the line in just a matter of weeks. My dad (bless his heart) worked his fingers to the bone helping me paint. And then helping my hubby make the deck pergola and swing set. My mum helped watch the kids for me, and made sure we were all fed, so I was free to help the boys/site supervise.
To you, this might just look like another cute little cubby reno….To me, I see memories. I see my parents love for my family, and I see a lot of family fun. This little shack is going to be able to tell some stories one day I’m sure.”
We predict a lot of family memories in the years to come!
What to read next
If you love a good backyard project, check out a few of our faves over the years including this epic dog house using two Kmart cubby houses (below).
We also love this incredible two-story cubby made by a very talented dad. Wait until you see the inside!
If you’re looking for more cubby inspo using the popular Kmart cubby house, check out these stories below:
- Kmart Cubby House Hack: an Adorable Book Store Reading Nook
- Mum Creates Stunning Indoor Play Space Using Kmart Cubby House + IKEA Kitchen
- Clever Parents are Making Over These $199 Kmart Cubby Houses and We Love Them