You know when you’re scrolling and you see something that just makes you think YES, MUST TRY THAT. That’s the exact vibe I got from this crazy good-looking pizza hasselback potatoes video. So if you love spuds and you love pizza, this is the recipe FOR YOU.
If ever there was a parmigiana potato, this recipe from Twisted must surely come close to it – though it’s technically a pizza version. You could recreate it with ham and a pasta sauce. If you wanted to – which of course you do.
WATCH the magic of the recipe video here or for written instructions, scroll on down to read!
Pizza Hasselback Potatoes Recipe
- 6 washed potatoes
- 2 tbs oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Pepperoni, sliced
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1½ cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- Fresh basil leaves, finely sliced
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Take six washed potatoes (skin still on!) and thinly slice them ¾ of the way through to create a hasselback potato. TIP: hold the potato between two wooden spoon handles to guide your knife to a stopping point.
2. Place the potatoes in an oiled skillet. Brush the potatoes with oil. Season by sprinkling with salt and pepper. Bake for one hour at 180°C.
3. Insert slices of pepperoni between the potato slices. Pretty AND DELICIOUS.
4. Spoon the pizza sauce over the top of each potato.
5. Sprinkle with the grated mozzarella cheese and bake for 10 minutes at 180°C. Then grill for 5 minutes.
6. Sprinkle with finely sliced basil leaves and serve. Delicious!
If that’s not the most PERFECT way to eat a potato during the colder months, then I don’t know what is! What do you think? Will you be keen to give this one a go at home?
What To Read Next:
- RECIPE: Smashed Cheesy Garlic Sweet Potatoes
- 13 Mouth-Watering Meals to Make in a Muffin Tin
- 100,000 Socks: What it Really Means to Be a Mum